PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Reverb 10 - Day 16

Reverb10-Day 16: Friendship–How has a friend changed you or your perspective on the world this year? Was this change gradual, or a sudden burst?

Oh, my...friendship is one of the common themes that has come up over the past year. Good friendships, renewed friendships, ruined friendships, new friendships...it has been a big year for me in this part of my life.

The biggest change that came from a friendship was a change that came in a sudden burst. While most of what I went through is way to hard for me to get into because it involves my little one and his safety and I am still so upset and hurt by what happened that I can't write about it yet without crying. Let it just be said that people are sometimes not what you think...even when that someone is a person you would have considered to be one of your closest and most trusted friends. Because of the event that I went though this past year, I now realize how much I treasure honesty and trustworthiness and how much one event can effect all other relationships in your life. I came to the realization that I am someone that trusts too easily and quickly and that doing so can hurt you and your family in ways that you can't imagine.

But on the other hand, because of what happened I realized that I also needed to have more friends. I needed to put more effort into surrounding myself with other women that have the same goals and interests as I do and I am so very glad that I did. I have met some wonderful women this past year that I am lucky to count as friends.

This has been the year of the friendship and no matter whether the memory/event was good or bad I appreciate and embrace all that has happened and I know that it has helped me to grow as both a mother and a person and I don't regret anything!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love all comments and read every one I get. Thank you for taking the time to write one!

 
Blog Design by Likely Lola