PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Chocolate Marshmallow Sandwich Cookies

The holiday baking for this season seemed to go on, and on, and on...Usually my husband helps me, but he worked this entire weekend so it was just me and the little one doing our best to get it all done. I also have been feeling a little bit under the weather, so I definitely didn't do quite as much as I typically do each year. But I did get the chance to try a few new recipes that I have been collecting throughout the year.

The first of my new recipes was an easy little sandwich cookie. What I like best about the cookie is that it makes a great impression on anyone that you give it too and it is very simple to make because it is made with a boxed cake mix. You can dress it up like I did with some holiday sprinkles, or roll it in crushed peppermint candies for an even more festive touch. You can use store-bought frosting or make your own...it's completely up to you!

Chocolate Sandwich Cookies

For the Cookie:

  • 2 whole Large Eggs
  • ½ cups Vegetable Oil
  • ¼ cups All-purpose Flour
  • 1 box Devil's Food Cake Mix, 18.25 Oz
1) Preheat oven to 350ºF.
2) Lightly whisk eggs and oil in a medium bowl.
3) Mix in flour and cake mix until well blended.
4) Roll into 1 inch balls (squish them down a little to flatten) and bake for 8-10 minutes on an ungreased cookie sheet.
5) Cool completely on a wire rack.

For the Filling:
You can either make your own favorite frosting or use a store bought pre-made frosting. It's your choice!

I made my own frosting...here is my recipe for my favorite marshmallow flavored one!
  • 1 package Reduced Fat Or Regular Cream Cheese, Softened (8 Ounces)
  • 1 jar Kraft Marshmallow Creme (7 Ounces)
  • 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
1) In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat cream cheese, marshmallow creme and vanilla extract until well blended.
2) Spread about 2 Tablespoons of frosting onto the bottom of one cookie and then place another cookie on top, bottom sides facing in.
3) Repeat with remaining cookies and frosting.

Enjoy!








3 comments:

  1. these look so tasty!!! love marshmallow creme :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh geezzzz...you're killing me here! It's only 9:20 in the morning and now I'm craving sweets :-)

    Check out my 7-layer cookies:

    http://comeonhome.net/last-minute-holiday-stuff

    Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love these! will you link them to our cookie link party!?

    http://threesisterz.blogspot.com/2010/12/cookie-link-up-party.html

    ReplyDelete

I love all comments and read every one I get. Thank you for taking the time to write one!

 
Blog Design by Likely Lola