The first of my new recipes was an easy little sandwich cookie. What I like best about the cookie is that it makes a great impression on anyone that you give it too and it is very simple to make because it is made with a boxed cake mix. You can dress it up like I did with some holiday sprinkles, or roll it in crushed peppermint candies for an even more festive touch. You can use store-bought frosting or make your own...it's completely up to you!
Chocolate Sandwich Cookies
For the Cookie:
- 2 whole Large Eggs
- ½ cups Vegetable Oil
- ¼ cups All-purpose Flour
- 1 box Devil's Food Cake Mix, 18.25 Oz
2) Lightly whisk eggs and oil in a medium bowl.
3) Mix in flour and cake mix until well blended.
4) Roll into 1 inch balls (squish them down a little to flatten) and bake for 8-10 minutes on an ungreased cookie sheet.
5) Cool completely on a wire rack.
For the Filling:
You can either make your own favorite frosting or use a store bought pre-made frosting. It's your choice!
I made my own frosting...here is my recipe for my favorite marshmallow flavored one!
- 1 package Reduced Fat Or Regular Cream Cheese, Softened (8 Ounces)
- 1 jar Kraft Marshmallow Creme (7 Ounces)
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
2) Spread about 2 Tablespoons of frosting onto the bottom of one cookie and then place another cookie on top, bottom sides facing in.
3) Repeat with remaining cookies and frosting.