PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Thursday, December 2, 2010

Fudge Junior Mint Cupcakes

A couple of months ago I came across a recipe over on Picky Palate for her Chocolate Fudge Jr Mint Centered Cupcakes and I knew that I wanted to someday make them. Because, as Kramer from Seinfeld says,  
"Who's gonna turn down a Junior Mint? It's chocolate, it's peppermint -- it's delicious!"
So, earlier this week when I picked my son up from Preschool he mentioned that he had cupcakes for someone's birthday and that he wanted to make cupcakes at home with me...I knew that I had the perfect time to try this recipe out!

On our way home we stopped at Walgreens and picked up a couple of boxes of Junior Mints and away we went to have our cupcake adventure! We had so much fun and this is definitely a recipe to try with your kids...the will have a blast helping you stuff the insides of the cupcakes with Junior Mints. (All the while sneaking a couple for themselves!)

Chocolate Fudge Jr Mint Centered Cupcakes
Adapted from Picky Palate
  • 1 box Chocolate Fudge Cake Mix
  • 4 eggs
  • 1/2 Cup vegetable oil
  • 1/2 Cup water
  • 1 small box instant chocolate pudding mix
  • 1/2 Cup sour cream
  • 1 Cup Dark Chocolate Mint Chips*
  • 3 4 oz boxes Junior Mints
  • Favorite Vanilla or Cream Cheese Frosting
Directions
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2) In a stand or electric mixer, add the cake mix, eggs, oil, water, pudding mix, sour cream and chocolate chips.
3) Mix on medium for 2 minutes or until well combined and somewhat thick.
4) Scoop into 24 paper lined muffin cups.
5) Press 3 JR mints into the center of each cupcake center.
6) Bake for 22-25 minutes or until toothpick comes mostly clean from center.
7) Let cool completely and frost with your favorite vanilla or cream cheese frosting & garnish with a Junior Mint.
Makes 24 cupcakes

*Note: The Dark Chocolate Mint Chips are a special holiday chocolate chip from Nestle Tollhouse

Enjoy!



giveaways










9 comments:

  1. These look really yummy. I agree with Kramer.

    Fellow Blog Hopper:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are sure making me hungry right now :) Too cute. I am also your new follower. You can follow me back at http://showmemama.com. Make sure you leave a comment so I know you visited.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look amazing! What is it about the holidays that makes me want to add mint to everything? I LOVE it!!

    Please stop by and link this post up to Theme Party Thursday. I'd love to see you there!
    :)
    Jami

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for posting! What a great recipe!

    New follower!

    Please check out my blog at: http://oldfashionedsodafountain.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi I am blog hopping. Looks like great recipe.
    You can stop by my blog at:
    www.emakaye.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello! I am visiting from Shabby Chic Cottage. I just finished drinking a Peppermint Mocha from Starbucks! I love the choc/peppermint flavor duo! I bet these cupcakes are even better!

    ReplyDelete
  7. will try this recipe!

    I am your new follower! Would love for you to follow back!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stopped by from Love with Kate's hop. These sound awesome! New follower, can't lose this LoL.

    ReplyDelete
  9. these are definetly going on the list to make love those mints and I bet these are delicious

    ReplyDelete

I love all comments and read every one I get. Thank you for taking the time to write one!

 
Blog Design by Likely Lola