"Who's gonna turn down a Junior Mint? It's chocolate, it's peppermint -- it's delicious!"So, earlier this week when I picked my son up from Preschool he mentioned that he had cupcakes for someone's birthday and that he wanted to make cupcakes at home with me...I knew that I had the perfect time to try this recipe out!
On our way home we stopped at Walgreens and picked up a couple of boxes of Junior Mints and away we went to have our cupcake adventure! We had so much fun and this is definitely a recipe to try with your kids...the will have a blast helping you stuff the insides of the cupcakes with Junior Mints. (All the while sneaking a couple for themselves!)
Chocolate Fudge Jr Mint Centered Cupcakes
Adapted from Picky Palate
- 1 box Chocolate Fudge Cake Mix
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 Cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 Cup water
- 1 small box instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1/2 Cup sour cream
- 1 Cup Dark Chocolate Mint Chips*
- 3 4 oz boxes Junior Mints
- Favorite Vanilla or Cream Cheese Frosting
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2) In a stand or electric mixer, add the cake mix, eggs, oil, water, pudding mix, sour cream and chocolate chips.
3) Mix on medium for 2 minutes or until well combined and somewhat thick.
4) Scoop into 24 paper lined muffin cups.
5) Press 3 JR mints into the center of each cupcake center.
6) Bake for 22-25 minutes or until toothpick comes mostly clean from center.
7) Let cool completely and frost with your favorite vanilla or cream cheese frosting & garnish with a Junior Mint.
Makes 24 cupcakes
*Note: The Dark Chocolate Mint Chips are a special holiday chocolate chip from Nestle Tollhouse