Since I have a little helper this year, I had to modify my usual list of goodies to include some items that are very kids friendly. Things that are easy for the little hands to help out with. The first of my posts about Christmas goodies is a little recipe called Buttons. It is a very simple (but yummy!) recipe that uses only 3 ingredients and your little ones will have so much fun making them!
- 70 Round or Checkerboard Pretzels
- 70 Hershey Kisses
- 70 Red & Green M&M's
1) Preheat oven to 200 degrees
2) Place pretzels on a baking sheet
3) Top each pretzel with an unwrapped Hershey's Kiss
4) Place in oven for 5 minutes to soften the kisses. (Note: the kisses will not lose their shape)
5) Press a M&M on top of each Kiss
6) Let your "Button" sit and the chocolate of the kiss harden back up. Enjoy!
These are really good and a great holiday project that the kids will have so much fun making. You can modify it for different holidays all year round! Use the red & pink M&M's for Valentines day; Use the Easter or Halloween ones during their seasons; Or you could use different types of Kisses (caramel, hugs, etc.) The possibilities are practically endless!