PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Friday, December 3, 2010

Reverb 10 - Day 3

Moment - Pick one moment in which you felt most alive this year. Describe it in vivid detail (textures, smells, voices, noises, color).

I'm not going to lie, my marriage has not always been perfect. It has not always been rosy. I've been married for over 10 years now and and I know that all couples that have been married for this long, or even longer, go through rough patches. Our marriage has had it's share of tough times,  but somehow we found our way back to each other and are more in love than ever. Things are good...really good and we have finally learned how to keep them good. It is work, but it is all worth it. My "moment" is a celebration of my marriage.

This past March my husband and I took a trip to Las Vegas to celebrate our 10 year anniversary. We chose to go there because it is where we celebrated our Honeymoon and we knew that it was the right place to celebrate being together...just like at the beginning of our marriage. While we were there my husband surprised me by asking if I wanted to renew our vows. Of course I said yes and on March 8, 2010 we were remarried. But not in a typical way, but in a way that we would never forget! We have already had our big white wedding so this time we decided to do a cheesy Vegas-style wedding. A bright, shiny Elvis officiated wedding!


It was crazy, fun and just the way that we wanted to celebrate...A lighthearted way to begin the next 10 years! It was most definitely the most "alive" moment that I have experienced this year. This moment was a ceremony celebrating that we were at the beginning of a new time in our marriage. A moment that exceeded my expectations. A moment that I will forever treasure. A moment that I was able to share with my best friend and love of my life.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love all comments and read every one I get. Thank you for taking the time to write one!

 
Blog Design by Likely Lola