PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Friday, November 11, 2011

To infinity & beyond

After we put Caleb down each night my husband and I spend some much needed quiet time together. But while we are talking and catching up on each other's day or watching TV, every now and then my son, knowing that we think he is sound asleep quietly opens his bedroom door. He then tiptoes down the hallway and sneaks into our bedroom. He crawls up into my bed, snuggles in and falls fast asleep with neither me or my husband being the wiser.

He did this again last night but I actually found him just before he was back asleep. He looked so sweet and so innocent that I didn't have the heart to carry him back to his own bed all the way across the house. Instead I crawled in next to him and we snuggled. He threw his arm across my chest, hugged me and whispered in my ear, "I'm going to wuv you forever mommy. I wuv you and I will be with you forever...like Buzz Lightyear to infinity & beyond." He then yawned a big yawn, rolled onto his side and fell asleep.

And my heart grew and my love for him grew also...which was something that I didn't think could happen. I know that he won't always want to crawl into my bed to sleep. I know that he won't always voluntarily tell me how much he loves me. So these moments I will treasure. These moments will be permanently in my memory...the kinds of memories that will help me through the dark times. The kinds of memories that bring a smile to my face and a warmth to my soul. I love my little Buzz Lightyear and too will love him to infinity & beyond.






 Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love all comments and read every one I get. Thank you for taking the time to write one!

 
Blog Design by Likely Lola