I tweaked the original recipe a little and I think that they turned out great...but you really can't go wrong with a blondie recipe! It's the great thing about blondies, you don't need any fancy kitchen equipment. Just a wooden spoon, the ingredients and a couple of bowls. Easy to make, they always turn out awesome and they are a crowd pleaser.
Coconut Chocolate Chunk Blondies
Inspired by Brown Eyed Baker
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 4 ounces butter, melted and cooled to room temperature
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1 cup chocolate chips or chunks
- More Coconut-for sprinkling on the top of the bars.
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray an 8-inch square baking pan with cooking spray.
2. Combine the flour and salt & set aside.
3. Stir together the melted butter and brown sugar until smooth and creamy; beat in egg and vanilla extract until well blended.
4. Slowly beat in the flour and salt mixture until just blended. Next, stir in the coconut and chocolate chips. Scrape the batter into the pan. Make sure the batter is spread evenly, smooth with a spatula. Sprinkle extra coconut on top of the bars.
5. Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until set in the center but still soft. Do not overbake the bars. Let cool slightly before serving. Cut the bars into squares and enjoy!