PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Sunday, January 2, 2011

Coconut Chocolate Blondies

On a grocery shopping trip just before Christmas, on a whim I picked up a bag of sweetened flaked coconut. It is not something that I usually keep in my pantry...my husband and son are not fans of it. Me on the other hand, I absolutely love coconut. So when I needed to make one more goodie to finish up my yearly holiday baking gifts for friends and neighbors, this was the recipe that I immediately thought of. I had come across it a few months earlier over at Brown Eyed Bakers and I knew that I had everything in my pantry for it without having to go to store for anything!

I tweaked the original recipe a little and I think that they turned out great...but you really can't go wrong with a blondie recipe! It's the great thing about blondies, you don't need any fancy kitchen equipment. Just a wooden spoon, the ingredients and a couple of bowls. Easy to make, they always turn out awesome and they are a crowd pleaser.


Coconut Chocolate Chunk Blondies 

Inspired by Brown Eyed Baker

Ingredients
  • 1 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1/8 teaspoon salt
  • 4 ounces butter, melted and cooled to room temperature
  • 1 cup light brown sugar
  • 1 large egg
  • 1½ teaspoons vanilla extract
  • 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
  • 1 cup chocolate chips or chunks
  • More Coconut-for sprinkling on the top of the bars.

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray an 8-inch square baking pan with cooking spray.
2. Combine the flour and salt & set aside.
3. Stir together the melted butter and brown sugar until smooth and creamy; beat in egg and vanilla extract until well blended.
4. Slowly beat in the flour and salt mixture until just blended. Next, stir in the coconut and chocolate chips. Scrape the batter into the pan. Make sure the batter is spread evenly, smooth with a spatula. Sprinkle extra coconut on top of the bars.
5. Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until set in the center but still soft. Do not overbake the bars. Let cool slightly before serving. Cut the bars into squares and enjoy!

 

Photobucket

handmade projects 

CreativeShareWednesdays

Tasty Tuesdays

7 comments:

  1. These look so yummy! I'm a new follower and I would love it if you followed me back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm drooling over the picture of the blondies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, do those look heavenly :)

    Blessings!
    Gail

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this! Would like to invite you over to Fat Camp Friday @ Mangoes and Chutney. The linky is up all weekend and one blogger from the linky party is featured every Wednesday. http://www.mangoesandchutney.com/2011/01/fat-camp-friday-10-blackened-tilapia.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmmm...I love coconut. Combine it with chocolate and I'm in heaven. Those look so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi
    Just wanted to let you know that I “ Featured” you on Santa’s Gift Shoppe Blog Hop today for your great project & inspiration! Be sure to grab the “I was featured” on Santa’s Gift Shoppe Button/Code for your sidebar! You deserve it! Thanks so much..If you’re not a follower already we’d love for you to join us...
    Barb

    ReplyDelete

I love all comments and read every one I get. Thank you for taking the time to write one!

 
Blog Design by Likely Lola