And let me tell you...these babies are Ah-maz-ing! They are moist, chewy and absolutely delicious...and, one of my favorite cookies from the past year. (If not one of my favorite's ever!) And, I for one know that Santa feels the same way!
Chocolate Caramel Cookies
- 1 cup Sugar
- 2 whole Eggs
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla
- 1 cup Brown Sugar, Packed
- 1 cup Butter, Softened
- 2 ½ cups Flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- ¾ cups Baking Cocoa
- 1 bag Rolo Candies (12 Ounce Bag)
- ½ cups Sugar
1) Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2) In a large mixing bowl, blend 1 cup sugar, eggs, vanilla, brown sugar, and butter.
3) In a separate bowl, mix flour, baking soda and cocoa.
4) Add the flour mixture to sugar mixture very slowly until thoroughly mixed.
5) Refrigerate dough for 30 minutes.
6) While dough refrigerates, unwrap Rolo candies and place in a bowl.
7) Place 1/2 cup of sugar in a separate bowl.
8) Once dough is refrigerated, remove dough (one tablespoon at a time) and flatten slightly in your hand. Place a Rolo in the center and form dough around it. Roll into a ball with your hands, drop into the bowl of sugar, and roll to coat it. Place balls of dough on cookie sheet.
9) Bake cookies for 7-10 minutes or until center falls flat and dough crackles.