PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

My Goals for 2011

So I have finally sat down and written out my New Year's resolutions. I know that I am 4 days late in getting them out there, but it is what it is...and as you notice procrastination and being on time are not on my list, so just deal.

But the more that I have thought about them, they are more goals for how to improve my life than a traditional resolution. I'm not doing the whole I will lose weight or I will stop drinking. Those types of absolutes don't work in my world. I have the type of personality that when I don't make a deadline or if I fail at something I completely beat myself up over it and I don't want to put myself in that position. The first two of my "goals" are things that I have already begun doing in the latter part of 2010. I just want to continue on the path that I am already on and improve upon how I live my life. The third goal that I have I believe will greatly improve the quality of my life, and I can't wait to see how this change in mindset will increase the joy that I feel in my life.



#1 - I Will Be More Healthful. I just wanted to try to make more healthy choices in my life. Smaller portions. More exercise. Less fat. Less calories. More sleep. Less sugar. Less fast food. If I lose weight, great. If not, I know that I have made better choices and that I am being more healthy and that is what is important. I also want to make sure that I am setting a good example for my son...if I eat better and am more active then he will be too.

#2 - I Will Be Kinder To Myself And My Family. This year I will treat myself better. I will treat myself with more respect. I will give myself and my family a break and through this I will show them more kindness. I am so lucky to have what I have and I need to respect the people in my life that helped me to get where I am. I love them and I know that they love me...I just need to tell them more and show them in all of the little ways.


#3 - I Will Live In The Moment. I really want to try to enjoy life for what it is and not what it could/should be. I will live in the moment and do my best to stop thinking and trying so hard to live the "perfect" life. I have a wonderful family, job and friends and I need to take the time to enjoy what I have.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love all comments and read every one I get. Thank you for taking the time to write one!

 
Blog Design by Likely Lola