PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Friday, January 7, 2011

A Door of My Own

I hate packing. And moving. Oh...and by the way did I mention to you that I hate moving and packing?


Next week at work we are moving to a new office. I have never been through a workplace move before and let me tell you, it is not fun in any way. There is so much more coordinating than I ever imagined. Having to have the copiers moved. Having the desks moved. Moving our computers and making sure that the phone system and network systems are set up correctly. Purging old unused items. Condensing down other items. Making sure that all necessary things are up and running: bathrooms, kitchens, etc. It all totally sucks. Thank goodness that we are only moving to a larger suite in the same complex, instead of having to go across town.

But, there is a silver lining to this moving thing. And that wonderful silver lining is that I finally get my own office. An office with a door that I can close. A door to close and shut out all of the distractions. Oh...even imagining it is like heaven.

Since taking my current position at work I have had a rather large dedicated workspace. But while large, it has been open to the conference room area of my workplace...thus creating some difficulty. It is hard to talk on the phone with my clients when others are in the conference room; when others eat in the conference room I have to smell their yucky food; deliveries are made in and out of the door directly in front of my desk so I get froze out in the winter or I sweat to death in the summer.

But all of those issues will be taken away with the amazing addition of a door and 4 walls separating me from everyone else. And. I. Can't. Wait.

I will finally be able to concentrate when building ads. I will finally be able to hear my clients on the phone and I won't have to let calls go to voicemail because I know that I can't answer due to distractions and noise. I will be able to stop most distractions and make less mistakes. I will do my job better and that makes me happy because I am someone that strives to always do my best at whatever it is that I am doing...and if I am presented with the opportunity to improve I will take it.

And this is something that I definitely will take.

1 comment:

  1. well here's to changes....sounds like this one is much needed! have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete

I love all comments and read every one I get. Thank you for taking the time to write one!

 
Blog Design by Likely Lola