PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Frustration

It’s just what I’ve been feeling lately. Frustration with life. Frustration with “friends.” Frustration with my son.

I don’t know if it’s because of the long weekend together or what, but my son has really been giving me a hard time lately. I’ve been so very blessed so far with my son. He was such an easy baby and the last 3+ years have been easy (not counting the club feet issue) but lately he has just been giving my husband and I hell. Not listening. Having a smart mouth. Being disrespectful. UGH…I even had to put him in time out 3 different times on Sunday for sticking his tongue out. I don’t know if it’s a phase or what, but I’m just about at the end of my rope. What ever happened to my sweet, caring little boy? I’m sure it’s just a phase…but please God give me the patience to get through this!

As for friends, I really have had such a hard time making friends as an adult. It’s just not as easy as it was when I was younger. When we are younger all that matters is whether or not someone likes to play with the same toys as you and whether or not that person is good with sharing. Now, as adults, there are so many more things that go into it. Working Moms vs. SAHMs. Do our kids get along? Do our husbands get along? Do our politics match? Do our religious choices match? It is just sooo much harder. Then when you do find someone that you think you could get close with you have to find the time to get together, and with everyone’s busy lives that is very hard to do.  Lately I have been putting more effort into this avenue of my life. But it is trying...I feel too much, I hurt too easily and I think that I have just gotten too used to being a homebody.

It’s Tuesday after a long weekend. A weekend that was packed full of stuff and I think that I am just tapped out. And maybe I just need a nap. And possibly a full bottle of wine.

 

1 comment:

  1. aw, girl sorry to hear of all the frustrations. :( you're definitely awesome and being thought of!!! wish i was there to get a pedi and margarita with ya

    ReplyDelete

I love all comments and read every one I get. Thank you for taking the time to write one!

 
Blog Design by Likely Lola