You can really use any kind of pudding. We have substituted cheesecake flavor and vanilla, but my favorite is definitely the chocolate since it gives the cookie such a great rich flavor. But be prepared this recipe make A LOT of cookies!
Chocolate Pudding Cookies
- 4 1/2 cups All-purpose Flour
- 2 teaspoons Baking Soda
- 1/2 teaspoons Salt
- 2 cups Butter, Softened
- 1 1/2 cup Packed Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cups White Sugar
- 2 packages (3.4 Oz. Package) Small Instant Chocolate Pudding Mix
- 4 whole Eggs
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- 3 cups Your Favorite Chocolate Chips (I used a mixture of Semi-Sweet Chocolate and Butterscotch)
2) In a medium bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
3) In a very large bowl, cream together the butter, brown sugar, and white sugar. Beat in the instant pudding mix until blended.
4) Stir in the eggs and vanilla. Blend in the flour mixture. Finally, stir in chocolate chips. Drop cookies by rounded spoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.
5) Bake for 10-12 minutes. If you are using a convection oven, bake for 10 minutes.
6) Leave cookies on the cookie sheet for a few minutes, and then transfer to cool on wire racks.
These cookies are very rich and this recipe makes quite a lot of cookies, so it would be great for a cookie exchange this Christmas! I also think that it would be great with the holiday dark chocolate & mint chocolate chips that are available this time of year.