PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Frosted White Chocolate Eggnog Cookies

For those of you that know my family personally, you know that the two men of the household have a serious addiction to a certain holiday drink. That drink is eggnog. They just can't get enough of it and if I didn't put my foot down, they would drink it by the gallon on a daily basis. My husband keeps a lookout for it and picks it up at the first opportunity he gets and then he becomes my son's favorite for the next few weeks!

So when I came across a recipe for frosted eggnog cookies over on Picky Palate, I just knew that I had to make them! I dressed them up a little with some white chocolate chips and I became my son's favorite for finding a way to put eggnog into a cookie!


Frosted White Chocolate Eggnog Cookies
Adapted from Picky Palate

  • 2 1/4 cups flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
  • 1 1/4 cups sugar
  • 3/4 cup salted butter, softened
  • 1/2 cup eggnog
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 2 egg yolks
  • White Chocolate Chips
1) Preheat oven to 300F.
2) In a medium bowl sift together flour, baking powder, cinnamon and nutmeg.
3) In a large bowl, cream sugar and butter with an electric mixer. Add eggnog, vanilla and egg yolks and beat at medium speed until smooth. Add the dry ingredients and beat at low speed just until combined.
4) Roll dough into balls and place 1″ apart on cookie sheet.
5) Bake for 23-25 minutes or until bottoms turn light brown.
6) Transfer to cool, flat surface immediately with spatula.
7) Once cool frost with Eggnog Icing and sprinkle with nutmeg

Eggnog Icing
  • 3 C. confectioners’ sugar
  • 1/4 C. softened butter or margarine
  • 1/3 C. commercial eggnog + 2 tablespoons (or however much you need for desired consistency)
In small mixer bowl, beat confectioners’ sugar and butter or margarine until well blended. Gradually beat in eggnog until icing is smooth. Makes about 1 1/2 cups.

If you are an eggnog lover, then you definitely have to give these wonderful holiday treats a taste! They are so amazing and will help you to get into the mood of the upcoming holiday season!

Enjoy!



giveaways







Smart and Trendy Moms

16 comments:

  1. Those look so good! I'm adding them to our menu for next week.

    I'm a new follower from KCT. Check out my blog when you get a chance at http://twodaughtersahusbandandaminivan.blogspot.com/
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooooh yum!! thanx for voting for my girlie, i am a new follower from tft =)

    crazygreenmommy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, those look so yummy! I am copying the recipe now. :)

    Sheila from Showcase Sisters

    ReplyDelete
  4. My hubby is also an eggnog fiend! I'm going to have to try these :)

    Thanks SO much for stopping by and commenting on my CSN review! I appreciate it :)

    Stephanie
    Ten Talents...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks really yummy! I came from this for that to follow you and I already do! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ohhhhhhh yummy!!! Thanks for stopping by and following Showcase Sisters, we're now following you as well...hope you have a great day! : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh sounds good! I've never had anything with eggnog before but I might have to try it!

    I would LOVE for you to link up to my What's Cooking Wednesday!

    http://notsohomemade.blogspot.com/2010/11/from-scratch-pumpkin-pie-1110-whats.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. hi there. those look deeee-lish! your newest blog hop follower. happy thursday. would *love* a follow back. you can find me at:

    http://aceandfriendsco.blogspot.com/

    lots of FUN giveaways... come by and enter!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ya baby! I'm just finishing up my pumpkin spice fetish and am now moving on to my eggnog fetish...this is heading the list! Thanks so much for the recipe, can't wait to make these!
    Amber

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am a new follower from this for that. Stop by and check out my blog and giveaway! www.irishbabybump.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm with your son and husband. My favorite part of winter treats is the egg nog too. Now I'm spoiled in finding organic egg nog which is even better than the regular kind. Your cookies look very, very good to me!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am a new Follower from Social Parade. Please come follow me back.

    http://MommysSweetThings.blogspot.com

    Happy Holidays!
    April

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, yum! Eggnog. These look beautiful. I can almost taste them. I see I'm going to have a LOT of new recipes to try this season thanks to all of the wonderful cooks and their beautiful blogs!

    ReplyDelete
  14. your recipe does not include the white chocolate chips perhaps you would like to revise your receipe to include them.

    ReplyDelete

I love all comments and read every one I get. Thank you for taking the time to write one!

 
Blog Design by Likely Lola