So when I came across a recipe for frosted eggnog cookies over on Picky Palate, I just knew that I had to make them! I dressed them up a little with some white chocolate chips and I became my son's favorite for finding a way to put eggnog into a cookie!
Frosted White Chocolate Eggnog Cookies
Adapted from Picky Palate
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup salted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup eggnog
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 egg yolks
- White Chocolate Chips
2) In a medium bowl sift together flour, baking powder, cinnamon and nutmeg.
3) In a large bowl, cream sugar and butter with an electric mixer. Add eggnog, vanilla and egg yolks and beat at medium speed until smooth. Add the dry ingredients and beat at low speed just until combined.
4) Roll dough into balls and place 1″ apart on cookie sheet.
5) Bake for 23-25 minutes or until bottoms turn light brown.
6) Transfer to cool, flat surface immediately with spatula.
7) Once cool frost with Eggnog Icing and sprinkle with nutmeg
- 3 C. confectioners’ sugar
- 1/4 C. softened butter or margarine
- 1/3 C. commercial eggnog + 2 tablespoons (or however much you need for desired consistency)
If you are an eggnog lover, then you definitely have to give these wonderful holiday treats a taste! They are so amazing and will help you to get into the mood of the upcoming holiday season!