PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Saturday, November 27, 2010

Cinnamon Rolls

One of my husband's favorite treats are cinnamon rolls. I though, do not trust my expertise with anything that uses yeast. I always seem to not let things rise enough, or my yeast somehow does not activate. I'm never sure what goes wrong, but something always seems to be off whenever I do any recipe that involves yeast.

But knowing that my husband LOVES cinnamon rolls, I decided to try my hand at making them for him last week. And know that I hate cinnamon rolls. I actually dislike anything that has cinnamon in it. I don't know why, but the taste and smell of cinnamon gives me to heebee-jeebees...seriously it just is like nails on a chalkboard for me. But lucky for him, my love for my husband prevailed over my hatred of cinnamon.

And my luck when it comes to yeast has finally turned around. The rolls, while time consuming, were easy and turned out beautifully...And according to hubby this recipe is a winner! He loved the rolls and couldn't stop eating them. So, if you are looking for a great recipe to treat your family with for breakfast this holiday season, you should try this!

Cinnamon Rolls

For the Rolls
  • 1 cup Warm Milk (110 Degrees)
  • 2 whole Eggs Room Temperature
  • ⅓ cups Butter Or Margarine Melted
  • 4-½ cups Bread Flour
  • 1 teaspoon Salt
  • ½ cups Sugar
  • 2-½ teaspoons Yeast
For the Filling
  • 1 cup Brown Sugar, Packed
  • 2-½ Tablespoons Ground Cinnamon
  • ⅓ cups Butter, Softened
For the Frosting
  • 3 ounces, weight Cream Cheese
  • ¼ cups Butter, Softened
  • 1-½ cup Powdered Sugar
  • ½ teaspoons Vanilla
  • ⅛ teaspoons Salt
Directions
1) Dissolve yeast in warm milk.
2) Mix in sugar, eggs, salt and butter.
3) Add flour; mix well.
4) Knead dough into a large ball dusted lightly in flour.
5) Place in a bowl, cover and let rise in a warm place for 1 hour or until doubled in size.
6) Once dough is ready roll out the dough slightly on a floured surface and then let it rest for 10 minutes.
6) In a small bowl combine the brown sugar and cinnamon for the filling
7) Roll the dough into a 16×21″ rectangle.
8) Spread dough with 1/3 cup butter and sprinkle with cinnamon/sugar mixture.
9) Roll up dough, and cut into 12 rolls.
10) Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
11) Place rolls in a lightly greased 13×9″ baking dish or two 9″ pie plates. Cover and let rise for an additional 30 minutes. *
12) Bake rolls in the preheated oven for 15 minutes.
13) While rolls are baking, beat together the cream cheese, 1/4 cup butter, powdered sugar, vanilla and salt.
14) Spread frosting on warm rolls before serving.


*Note that unbaked rolls can be frozen. Just take them out of the freezer and put them in the refrigerator the night before, and in the morning they’ll be ready for the oven. You can also make these ahead of time (like the night before). Just put them unbaked, in the fridge. In the morning, set them out for about 30 minutes before baking.

I hope that everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving! Here's to a amazing holiday season!

2 comments:

  1. Hi! I'm a new follower via Google Friend Connect. :) Found you through the Blog Hop! :) I love Cinnamon Rolls too! Hopefully you can stop by! I have some great giveaways for $100 Target Gift Card and a "Sonic Colors" Wii Game :)

    -Ai Mei
    StudentSavingBucks

    ReplyDelete
  2. We made cinnamon rolls a couple of weeks ago and this recipe looks great. I am still looking for a great tried and true recipe, I'll try these next! Visiting you from the recipe swap!

    ReplyDelete

I love all comments and read every one I get. Thank you for taking the time to write one!

 
Blog Design by Likely Lola