PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Monday, July 11, 2011

I am finally ready...

...to get HEALTHY!

I’m done thinking about it.

I’m done saying that I will start working on it tomorrow. Or next week. Or after the next holiday or birthday party.

I am finally ready.

I’ve tried lots of things over the years. Fad diets. Supplements. Adkins. South Beach. You name it, I’ve tried it. But I never follow through. I give up. I revert back to old habits and I put any weight back on that I lost...and usually plus some more.

I’m so tired of “trying” to change. I'm tired of "thinking" about changing.

I want to change. I want to be healthy. I want to be thinner. I want to be proud of my body.

I don’t need to be skinny…I just want to be at a healthy weight. I don’t want to feel like I can’t catch my breath when I walk up stairs. I don’t want to feel like I can’t keep up with my son and play outside with him. I don’t want to look in the mirror and not recognize the woman looking back at me anymore.

So today I am ready. Today I will begin making smarter, healthier choices. I will follow through. I won't give up. I may fall, but I will pick myself up and keep going. I need to. For myself and for my son.

I am obese. There I said it...I've known it for quite some time but I haven't been able to say it. It isn't something that I have easily admitted to myself...but,  I have at least 80 pounds to lose and I'm ready.

I am finally ready.

Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. I love this post. I think this is something most of us struggle with & I think it's great that you can do this with all of us right here supporting & working at it with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you! Maybe we can challenge ourselves - looking forward to the things you will do as I motivate myself to move my bu^^ too. No buts, just WILL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Popping in from Heir to Blair... you can do it! Bite the bullet and just get going towards a healthy lifestyle. You will feel great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for all your kind words and encouragement! I appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Jen, you should totally check out myfitnesspal.com It's helped me to lose 11 pounds so far and I seriously love it. I'm so excited for you to start this journey! Good luck, friend!

    ReplyDelete

I love all comments and read every one I get. Thank you for taking the time to write one!

 
Blog Design by Likely Lola