Pumpkin Bars with Cream Cheese Frosting
- 3 whole Eggs
- ¾ cups Canola Oil
- 1-⅔ cup Sugar
- 29 ounces, weight Canned Pumpkin
- 2 cups Flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 2 teaspoons Ground Cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon Ground Nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon Ground Ginger
- 1 (8) ounce package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 stick unsalted butter; softened
- 1 lbs. confectioners’ sugar
- 1 teaspoons vanilla extract
1) Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2) In a large mixing bowl combine the eggs, canola oil, sugar & pumpkin. Use a hand mixer on medium-high speed and mix until light and somewhat airy. (If you like, you can substitute apple sauce for 1/2 of the oil.)
3) In a separate large mixing bowl, sift the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg.
4) Slowly pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and fold them together until completely combined.
5) Pour the pumpkin mixture into an ungreased 15 by 10 jelly roll pan and bake for 25 minutes.
6) Allow the pumpkin bars to cool completely before frosting.
To make frosting:
In the bowl of your mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, mix cream cheese and butter until smooth. Gradually add in the confectioners’ sugar and mix until smooth and creamy. Stir in vanilla extract. Spread on cooled pumpkin bars.
I hope that you enjoy it as much and my family and I love it!
Linking up to: