PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Trip to Auntie's House

My sister in law is a teacher and she is on fall break this week, so she decided that she wanted some time with my little one and he went over to visit auntie’s house on Sunday-Tuesday of this week. My first thought was “yay! I get some alone time!” And the first day was great…I got to go out and get a pedicure (which was my first one in months!), I took a nap (which was awesome!) and then later in the evening my hubby and I watched Dexter…. while it was still light out! (We normally have to wait until after the kiddo is in bed to watch it!)

The second day my hubby got to sleep in…while I got up and went to work. For those of you without an early riser, sleeping in is something that we only dream of since Caleb is up by 5:30 or 6am each and every morning. While I was working my hubby was able to just putter around the house. That night we went out for date night and it was nice not to have to worry about how long the babysitter was going to be there and how much it might cost to pay her. We did a little shopping, went to a movie and then hit up a local bar to watch Monday Night Football, drink a couple of beers and have burgers.

But by then end of date night I was really starting to miss my little guy and found myself telling my hubby that the house seemed pretty empty and quiet without him around!
I couldn’t wait to get home from work on Tuesday to give him a great big hug, snuggles and kisses.

All that Caleb has been able to talk about since his trip was how much fun he had at Auntie’s house and how much he liked being able to sleep in a sleeping bag in his cousin Keola’s room. Maybe I will let him go again…but not for a while. I need lots of mommy/Caleb snuggles between now and his next visit to Auntie’s house!

Man...I just love this kids face!

One of my favorite photos that I have taken of Caleb this past year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love all comments and read every one I get. Thank you for taking the time to write one!

 
Blog Design by Likely Lola