PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Friday, October 8, 2010

I Could've Died...


It has taken me three days to write this post. Three days of fear and nightmares. Three days of the heebee jeebees.

Three days ago I came face to face with a rattlesnake. 


 Yep. A real live, in the wild, rattlesnake. And here’s how it went down…

The parent company of the publishing firm that I work for is a homebuilder. They build high end new home communities for retirees and this past Tuesday they had an event for all employees to come down to Tucson and tour their newest community. The beginning of the day started off great. It included a bus ride from the Phoenix area down to north Tucson with a few of the best coworkers a girl could ask for, a tour of the new sports center and then lunch.

Next I meandered my way up to the model home center to tour the new model homes before heading back to the valley. The first two model homes were gorgeous…and we made our way to the third model home, which was just as beautiful as the first. Then when I went to leave the home I heard someone cry out from across the street, “Don’t move! There’s a rattlesnake in front of you!!!”And yep, there he was, about 3 feet in front of us!

And that is when my friends and I did something stupid…we got closer to the snake to get a better look and better photos. WHAT WAS I THINKING?!? Getting closer to a rattlesnake for better photos? Yeah, not really my smartest move. Next thing we know the snake decides to coil up and get into attack position and finally we come to our senses and ran in the opposite direction.

On the bus ride home I think that I finally came down from the effect of the adrenaline and realized exactly how crazy scared I was. I have been shaking ever since…well not “ever” since, but when I think about it, I start shaking!

Here is another photo of the rattler…

Photos courtesy of Tara Kerwin

Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love all comments and read every one I get. Thank you for taking the time to write one!

 
Blog Design by Likely Lola