I found this recipe over at My Baking Addiction and upon first glance at the title of the recipe I knew that I would be making this cake. First off, I have some kind of weird obsession with bundt cakes. I don't know exactly what it is that makes me love them so much. Maybe the flutes in pan, or the old fashioned-ness of them, or possibly it's the whimsy that comes with frosting them...I don't really know anything other than I love a good bundt. Maybe (if your lucky) I will share my famous Bailey's Bundt Cake recipe with you around the holidays...it is absolutely decadent!
I was so glad that I took the time to make this cake. It really was phenomenal. The flavors work well together and the cream cheese frosting on top really makes this amazing. As Jamie over at My Baking Addiction said about the recipe:
"The blueberries ended up being little bits of heaven that burst in your mouth with each forkful . The added cream cheese glaze pushed this cake over the edge and made it truly stunning and worthy of being on any brunch or dinner table."And I couldn't agree with her more...it really was a stunning cake to look at and tasted just as good, if not better than it looked!
Blueberry-Lemon Bundt Cake
From: My Baking Addiction
For the Cake:
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, plus 1 teaspoon for blueberries and zest
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cups blueberries
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon zest
- juice of one lemon
- Nonstick cooking spray, for pan
For the Cream Cheese Glaze:
- 1 (4 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon milk
Directions for the Cake:
*For best results, coat the inside of the Bundt pan with cooking spray just before filling it with the batter to prevent it from pooling in the bottom.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a bowl, whisk 2 1/2 cups flour with baking powder and salt; set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugars on high speed until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating until incorporated. Beat in vanilla and lemon juice. Reduce speed to low; add flour mixture in three additions, alternating with two additions of sour cream.
- In a bowl, toss blueberries and zest with remaining teaspoon flour; gently fold into batter. Coat a 12-cup nonstick Bundt pan with cooking spray. Spread batter in prepared pan.
- Bake cake on bottom rack of oven until a toothpick inserted into center of cake comes out clean, 60 to 70 minutes. Cool in pan 20 minutes. Invert onto a rack; cool completely, top side up. Dust with confectioners’ sugar before serving or drizzle with the cream cheese glaze.
Directions for the Cream Cheese Glaze:
- Mix the cream cheese with the butter, confectioners’ sugar, vanilla extract, and milk in a bowl.
- Heat in a microwave oven for 10-15 seconds.
- Drizzle spoonfuls over the cooled cake.
I hope you take the time to make this cake...it really is a wonderful dessert that celebrates the flavors of summer! Enjoy!