PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

It's here again...

Photo courtesy of Thinkstock Photos


Baby fever...

I don’t know about other mom’s, but every now and then I get the itch to have another baby...or two...or three. And, right now is one of those times...I’m itchin’ like crazy.

My hubby and I had decided even before having our son, that we only wanted one child. When our one child was born with a birth defect it solidified our decision since our chances of having another baby with a birth defect was now increased.

But, I LOVE the smell of a new baby. The soft skin, the coos, the smiles and all of the firsts. The first word, the first step, the first time they roll over. Being able to hear them say, “I love you” for the first time. UGH...

But, at the same time, I don’t know if I want to go through all of the baby stuff again. The diapers, strollers, lugging around carseats and hauling the stroller in and out of the car. The projectile vomiting and getting peed on. The middle of the night feeding and the crying. And we already sold ALL of Caleb’s old baby stuff.

But, today I looked at a friend’s wedding photo and she had all four of her siblings in the photo and it made me realize that Caleb would not have any siblings. He would never get to share a room with his brother and he would never get to pick on his little sister. He wouldn’t have a built-in best friend, someone that would always be there for him, someone to complain to about how mean mom and dad are being, nor would he have a brother or sister to be in his wedding.

But, while I do have a brother (actually 2) we are not close. My hubby has 2 siblings and he is only close to one of them. There is no guarantee that if we did have another baby that Caleb would like them or that they would get along as adults and be friends.

But, I love our life right now. I really, really love where we are. It’s so easy with just one child and we can give him more than we had as children.

But, I LOVE babies...

I really hope that I get over this fever soon...’cause if not, my hubby’s not gonna like the conversation that I might bring up at the dinner table.

Photo courtesy of Thinkstock Photos

1 comment:

  1. All very valid points and likely feelings. I just saw a doctor about making the option to have more babies go away...permanently. It is a huge step...it is just a huge subject altogether. But aren't babies so squishy and fun??

    ReplyDelete

I love all comments and read every one I get. Thank you for taking the time to write one!

 
Blog Design by Likely Lola