PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Friday, August 6, 2010

A new {creative} endeavor

So I finally took the plunge and decided to put myself and my work out for the world to see…I started a second blog that is for showcasing me: Jen Schell Designs.

It is a blog dedicated to my love of graphic design, photography, décor, crafting and pretty much anything creative. I have wanted to do this for quite sometime, but I have been so nervous about it. It’s one thing to do my graphic design work on a small scale, doing little ads and production work, or to take photos that I show to a handful of people…but it is entirely something different to put my creative ideas and my personal work out in the world where people can comment on them and critique me. It also feels so different to begin to promote and market myself. But, I am ready to finally begin trying to get some freelance work and I feel that this blog is a good way to start working towards that.

While I might act full of confidence and bravado, deep down I just want everyone to like me and what I do. I know that not all of what I do is to everyone’s taste and there will be people that do not like what I put out there. But I have decided to just do it and take the good with the bad, and I will grow creatively from the feedback that I will get.

Along with putting my own work on the blog, I also will be posting things that I feel are inspiring to me. Anything is game…home décor, new authors, great songs, imaginative logos, amazing photographers and graphic designers. I also want to show what helps me to be me and hopefully to also inspire anyone that reads my blog to be creative also.

So I hope that you will follow along and support me on this new venture…it’s a little daunting and scary, but I’m pretty excited about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love all comments and read every one I get. Thank you for taking the time to write one!

 
Blog Design by Likely Lola