PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Life is what you make of it!

I have just made it to the halfway point with this round HCG. So far this round I have lost 15 lbs and I am now down a total of 37 lbs over the course of the two rounds. When I started on this diet back in January, I wasn't really sure what I expected. I had heard so many great success stories from others and I hoped that it would work for me also. I am so very glad that it did!

When I think about that number, 37, I can't even believe it! I pick up my son, who weighs less than that, and it is so hard to believe that I was walking around carrying that extra weight every day. I don't know how I did it...but the bigger question is, why did I let myself get to that point? I know that I can use lots of excuses like stress and depression, but the real reason is that I somehow along the line forgot to take care of myself. I've still got a ways to go, but I am on the right track and I will not stop until I am healthy again.

I made myself a promise two years ago to finally start doing things to make my life better. I realized that I can't just sit back and expect everyone else to do things to make me feel better and I shouldn't make it everyone else's responsibility to make me happy. I am the only one that is in control of my happiness and I need to remember that. Over the past 2 years I have finally went back to finish college (I graduate next month!!!), I have taken control of my mental and physical health, I am making an effort to reestablish old friendships, enjoying new friendships, and I have put more of an effort into my marriage. All of these things have made my life much more full and exciting. The rewards of finally living my life instead of just watching it are amazing. I love where things are going and can't wait to see what is in my future.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love all comments and read every one I get. Thank you for taking the time to write one!

 
Blog Design by Likely Lola