Cheesy Beer Bread
- 2 1/2 cup All-purpose Flour
- 2 Tablespoons Granulated Sugar
- 2-½ teaspoons Baking Powder
- ½ teaspoons Baking Soda
- ½ teaspoons Kosher Salt
- 1 teaspoon Italian Seasonings
- 1-½ cup Beer (1 bottle)
- 1 cup Freshly Grated Cheddar Cheese
- 2 green onions diced up
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Spray the bottom and sides of a loaf pan; set aside.
2. In a large bowl, place flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt and Italian seasonings. Whisk to combine.
3. Add beer, onions and cheddar cheese. Stir until everything is just moistened. Do not overmix!
4. Pour batter into loaf pan. Bake at 375 degrees for 35-40 minutes, or until top is golden brown, and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
5. Cool for about 10 minutes, and then remove from pan to either slice and serve warm, or let it finish cooling on a wire rack.
There are so many variations that you could try with this recipe...I was thinking of trying pepperjack cheese & jalapenos for a good spicy bread or maybe Asiago cheese & rosemary. It seems like the options are just about endless!
I hope that you enjoy!