PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Thursday, March 11, 2010

My Anniversary

Today is my ten year anniversary to my wonderful husband. And today, I love him more than I can put into words. I’m not going to sugarcoat things and tell you that my marriage is perfect, because it is not. I’m also not going to tell you that it has been smooth sailing each and every one of those ten years. We have had our tough moments and even lived apart a couple of years ago, but today....today things are amazing. I feel that we have went through the tough times to get to where we are today. We have grown together, we have cried together, we have learned together and today I love this man more than I ever imagined that I could have.

What is love to you? What makes a good marriage? These are good questions and they seem easy enough to answer, but in reality they are not. Marriage and love are words that are sometimes interchanged, when in reality they are two very different things. Love can be all encompassing, it can be all consuming, it can be sweet, innocent, hard, and for some it means work. To me love is friendship set on fire...it is compassion, tenderness and caring. It is having someone else in your thoughts often...wondering about how they are and what they are doing. Marriage on the other hand is being completely committed to someone else, it is the physical, mental and spiritual union of two people. Personally, I love being married...I love having someone to share my life with, someone to share my hardships and triumphs with, someone to hold me when I cry, someone to make me laugh so hard that food flies out my nose, and someone to wake up to every morning.

Thank you Chris for being my husband. I love you and love the life that we have built together...most of all, thank you for giving me the best gift I have ever gotten, our son. I love you and am looking forward to many more years together!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love all comments and read every one I get. Thank you for taking the time to write one!

 
Blog Design by Likely Lola