PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Thursday, October 27, 2011

Things I've learned lately


1) Colds are the gifts that just keep on giving! I got really, really sick about 4 weeks ago. Then my husband got sick. Then my son got sick. And now my throat is killing me and I can't stop coughing. See...gift that just keeps on giving!
 
 
2) Starting a new business is so much fun. Ever since starting Jenn Schell Photography back in August I have had a blast. I've met some wonderful people. Reconnected with old friends and co-workers. I get to play with newborn babies. And I got to photography my first wedding! I love, love, love what I do!
 
 
3) On the flip side...starting a business is so much WORK!! You must be willing to network, network, network. And for me, all while working a full-time day job. (And, have you ever photographed a wedding? OMG it is so stressful...you don't want to miss a moment. And guess what? You don't get a do-over with wedding photos...It's a one time shot folks. That's it.) But I wouldn't have it any other way, because just like I said above I love, love, love what I do!!
 
4) My husband and I watch some really gross shows. We just noticed how behind on our DVR that we are, and we realized why. It was because 90% of the shows that we record are not child-friendly. Not at all. The Walking Dead, American Horror Story, CSI, Dexter, Fringe, and the list goes on and on. I think this just might say something about us that we don't want to deal with.
 

5) Vegas is fun. Lots and lots of fun. And adults need their time away every now and then. And moms & dads need their time alone also. It makes for a better marriage. And this photo makes me laugh. That's my husband on the left, our friend Steve on the right and "Gene Simmonds" in the middle.



 
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love all comments and read every one I get. Thank you for taking the time to write one!

 
Blog Design by Likely Lola